When you use this website, your computer will be automatically issued with cookies.
Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our server. They're used to:
- measure how you use the site
- remember your preferences and personalise your experience as you move around the site
This website's cookies
This site issues session cookies, which are used to remember your progress through the pages. These cookies don't store personal data, and expire when you close your browser. We also issue a cookie to ensure you don't see the 'about cookies' message after your first visit.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use this site. Google Analytics issues several cookies, which record:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to this site
- what you click on while you're on this site
We use hotjar cookies to create pop-up surveys on the Letting Agent Register.
If a hotjar survey is active, it issues several cookies to make sure:
- you are only invited to participate once
- if you answer a survey you're not invited again
- if you opt out of answer a survey you're not invited again
- if you minimise the survey it doesn't keep popping up
Find out what types of hotjar cookies Registers of Scotland uses on the RoS cookies page.
Hotjar tracking software
We use Hotjar software on the Letting Agent Register to allow us to collect and analyse site usage.
Hotjar tracks a small number of users interactions, and collates the results. It doesn't collect any identifiable user data. We use it to find out about difficulties site visitors are having and to make improvements.
- the average length of time visitors are on the site
- the pages they visit
- the type of devices they use (e.g. mobile, desktop or tablet)
- where users click, tap and scroll